Building a Brand Series: Knowledge You Need

#Branding I penned a series that must be made into an online training. The online training will have expanded content and worksheets. But, until then, I thought it would be useful to compile the content into an easily referenced list of articles. Please find the following for your enrichment.

Building a Brand: 3 Foundational Components
Ever notice how the “how to build a brand” tutorials never tell you how to build a brand. They begin with esoteric and philosophical perspectives. They end with an explanation of how each brand is different, and must be handled with skill–skills that they neglected to impart. You are in luck. Today, you are reading a blog that is all about the how. It is written by an educator, so that may be the reason it so on point. 🙂 Brand building begins with three components: Market, Convenience, and Sponsorship.

Building a Brand: Branching Out
Branching out is a phrase meant to encapsulate your need to diversify the product line of the central brand concept. Along with this diversification, you will want to expand the media presence of the brand. Finally, in this second implementation, you will want to develop partnerships that demonstrate the utility of the product line.

Building a Brand: Audience
As I pen lesson three of this series. I am well aware of the marketing journey I have traveled. My friend Camara often reminds me that if you are in business, you are in marketing. I have been resistant to the title at times, but that time was wasted time. With this installment, I want to discuss 3 points about your audience as you develop your marketing strategy toward solidifying your brand. You have to answer the question, “Who is your brand meant to represent?”

Building a Brand: Establishing A Market
Establishing your market is of utmost importance when building a brand. Your market is the source of 80% of the indicators you are tracking: loyalty, repeat business, satisfaction, returns, and customer web analytics. In case you are curious, the other 20% is new business and untapped markets tracking abandoned purchases, browsers, mentions, and interest web analytics.

Building a Brand: Found vs Built Markets and Your Expertise
The Challenge with Expertise Consider that, unless you hire a publicist, your expertise is what you are selling. Even if you have a product, your position as chief marketer in you small operation means that it is expertise, not just the product that you must be concerned with.

Building a Brand: Seeking Investment or Selling to Cash Out
Here is the part of the branding cycle where you actually make money. You have at least two choices in this stage of brand development: seek investment to expand the bounds of the brand or seek to sell the brand to another firm. Both options have advantages. Ultimately, the decision is made on ownership, legacy, and profitability.